November 29, 2011

Time Saving Tips!


Being a muli-tasker can have its pros and cons.  When Samsung approached me about the new Verizon Stratosphere 4G LTE and asked if I would share my time-saving tips, I was beyond eager.   Since I work for myself I spend many hours at home, so I live by these tips and I hope they will save you time too and just maybe take the edge off this holiday season!

* * *
{ORGANIZE}  Designate a space for everything.  As you can see I keep my desk as clean and inspiring as possible.  When things get cluttered in my office or house, my mind gets cluttered too.  Don't think of it as cleaning or organizing, think of it as Styling your space!  Use a Calendar.  I keep one above my desk and one on the refrigerator.  Get a Day Planner and keep it up.  Try Google Docs.  I swear by this and I don't know what I would do without it.  My whole life is kept in Google Docs.  You think I'm kidding?  I always keep my info online so I can access them anywhere with my smartphone.

{PLAN & PRIORITIZE}  Deadines?  Start your day by prioritizing what is most important.  Although you may dread a task, do it first and get it out of the way.  This helps me with my creative process.  When planning my day it allows me to focus on the business side of things first so then I can enjoy the more fun parts of my job.

{MAKE LISTS}  These can be your best friend. Make them. Use them. "Hi, I'm Bree and I'm a list addict."

{TAKE NOTES} Whenever you have a thought or inspiration, write it down.  I'm also known for taking pictures with my phone so I won't forget.

{SANITY FIRST} Learn to say NO and don't become addicted to facebook or twitter. I hate this one. Social Media is necessary for business today but it doesn't have to take over your life.  Do you really need to know what your 2nd cousin had for dinner last night?  And although I don't like to admit it, I'm not superwoman.  I decline many invitations, not because I don't want to attend, but simply because there aren't hours in the day. I'm only human-without the cape.

{BE A SMART SHOPPER} Shop online!  You save on gas, time and spending extra money you weren't counting on.  But when you do hit the hit the stores, try calling ahead if you are looking for something particular.  When doing a styling job I can't tell you how many times I find items online but once I'm in the store they don't have it in stock. Have it put on hold for you and then you know you won't wasted time and energy driving all over the city.

{PREPARE} Try setting your clothes out the night before.  This is something I used to do as a child for school, but it actually comes in handy still today.  We all have those day when we spend hours trying to figure out what to wear and our bedroom floor looks like the closet threw up.  If you are still struggling then maybe it's time for a closet clean out.

{DISCONNECT} When you run out of steam, take a break.  When I know I have a million things to do I tend to freak out from the pressure and before I know it I get nothing done.  Don't overload your brain. I'm speaking purely from experience. I always have the most energy in the morning so if I'm putting in a 12 hr. work day, I sometimes have to force myself to stop. I would rather wait untilt the next morning when I'm fresh then to do a job or write and article I won't be proud of.

{And if all else fails, hire an assistant.} ha ha!
* * *  




Introducing the Samsung Stratosphere™ , the first full QWERTY keyboard slider on Verizon’s lightning fast 4GLTE network. Learn More here.

(Compensation was provided by Samsung via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Samsung.)

No comments :