April 27, 2012

Audrey Hepburn: My Style Icon


In honor of the new Crystal Light Mocktails, they asked me who my favorite celeb style icon is and how I'm inspired by that person.  Audrey has always been my style icon, without a doubt. Just look at her. Besides being absolutely gorgeous and superbly stylish, she was also a devoted humanitarian with a heart of gold and an infectious smile. She said once, "I was born with an enormous need for affection and I terrible need to give it."  The funny and comforting thing is that is exactly how I feel but I couldn't quite put my finger on it, until now.  Audrey was tenacious, determined and playful all at the same time.  I've always looked at her not just as my style icon but as a symbol of the person I am and the person I aim to be.  She came into this world and with no question, left her mark.  I seem to think, if given the chance, we would of had a lot to talk about.  But for now, being reminded of her sweet and happy face, puts a smile on mine.


{top: sandro silk top $390, dvf twill pants $285, louboutin ballet flats $765}
{bottom: markus lupfer striped top $255, dvf cropped leggings $245, bloch ballet flats $140}


{milly cardigan $275, miu miu sunglasses $335, jimmy choo flats $495, d&g tulle skirt $750}


 {moschino dress $1,295, miu miu crepe dress $2,390, malene birger cardigan $315, church's ballet flats $355}


{miu miu silk top $590, carven slingbacks $625, miu miu cardigan $810, red valentino pumps $395}


{top: d&g lace top $690, jason wu skirt $1,350, repetto ballet wedges $310, j. crew crystal necklace $85}
{bottom: donna karan dress $1,895,  tom binns necklace $875, tom binns necklace $730, oscar de la renta dress $5,690}
"Crystal Light Mocktails are a fun way to get all the taste of your favorite cocktails without all the alcohol. With five flavorful calories and zero regrets they've caused quite a stir. Find out more at http://on.fb.me/IuqNu5."

“Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Crystal Light Mocktails via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Crystal Light Mocktails”

3 comments :

barefoot duchess said...

What an amazing post!! I loved your blog =)

morganvsmorgan said...

SHe's really beautiful. I've admittedly never paid much attention to her until now.

Janelle said...

Wow! What an awesome post! I have been a fan of Audrey Hepburn since high school. I love her style and the style of the characters she portrayed like Holly and Sabrina. Some elements of my wardrobe are clearly inspired by her.