May 23, 2012

How to fake the perfect tan


If I would of known as a child how much damage the sun can cause I never would of laid out in the sun with my sweet, yet feisty grandma. Who, by the way, wore a bikini at the ripe age of 60! She was Italian and believed that everything should be covered in olive oil, even your body.  Oh yes, the memories were fond and I can remember it like it was yesterday. The two of us laying in her backyard soaking the sun and all it's damage. Like two baking in the oven.  When she passed away many years ago her skin was far from perfect. Although I embrace many of her traits and values, sun-worshiping is not one of them.


Two great products I like to use is the St. Tropez Summer Bronze Kit $54 and Fake Bake Flawless $26.  They are both really easy, no streaks and no mess.  I've had great results and it gives me that perfect glow!  The phrase Fake it til you Make it has a whole new meaning.  

For that sun-kissed beauty look, without the rays I use Smashbox Artificial Luminizing Lotion $26. I simply mix a little with your foundation and it does wonders! The lovely Sara, founder of POP Beauty, sent me over some goodies last month that included the POP Beauty Butterfly Bronze Blush $26.  Besides it being adorable it's the perfect blush/bronzer duo. I keep it in my bag for touchups during the day.

Submit your own beauty routine and enter the Style Your Spring Sweepstakes 
at www.beauty.philips.com and you can win mani/pedi kits, designer swimwear 
or a $1,500 shopping spree!



Philips Satin Perfect is an innovative solution for women who are looking for a simple, at-home hair removal tool to ensure they are ready for any outfit at a moment’s notice. Satin Perfect is a cordless, total body epilator that removes even the shortest hairs in one stroke, so skin stays silky smooth for up to four weeks. It includes an extra-wide epilation head with textured ceramic discs to remove even the finest and shortest (.5MM) hairs. Visit www.Beauty.Philips.com for more information on Philips female hair removal products.

“Compensation was provided by Philips via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions 
of Philips.”

No comments :