July 05, 2017

SAYING GOODBYE TO MY DAD


Words can't explain the empty hole I feel inside.  These past few months have been some of the hardest I've ever gone through.  My dad was in the hospital for over 3 months, while my brother and I took turns spending every other day there by his side.  Nothing else mattered.  My mind was being pulled in a million directions and most days, I was just going on auto-pilot.  Work projects got pushed, personal responsibilities were forgotten and the only thing we were concerned about was being his advocate and fighting for every answer we needed to save him. We tried everything we could, but in the end his body just couldn't fight anymore. My dad and I had our battles, we shared tears, we shared laughs and despite it all, we loved each other wholeheartedly. He believed in me and was so proud of every accomplishment, no matter how small.  I have his ambition and tenacity. He taught us to follow your dreams and NEVER give up.  My heart is broken, but I know he would want me to continue living loud in his honor and to always have hope.

My family and I had to start a fundraiser for my dad's funeral. I would be so grateful if you could help spread the word. CLICK HERE to share the link.

No comments :